Documentation unavailable

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Hi,

This is an exact requirement I was looking for. Due to lack of documentation I could not use the component. Appreciate if someone can provide the usage documentation for the component.

Regards,

Paramesh

May 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM
The only "documentation" (and I use that term loosely) is inside CustomEmailTemplate.js, lines 3 and 4 which are hard-coded to replace the email subject and email body whenever page aclinv.aspx has finished loading (via jQuery document ready functionality).

After building the code in Visual Studio 2012, you have to deploy the resulting WSP to your SharePoint farm using normal WSP deployment methods (I use PowerShell, but for SharePoint 2010, there is still good old stsadm.exe available for now but gone in SharePoint 2013).

After the WSP is deployed, and assuming you don't auto-activate it, you can navigate to Site Settings, Site Collection Features, and activate feature Custom Email Template.

There is no provision in the code for getting the replacement email subject and body from elsewhere, such as a custom list or a .txt file in the file system, so you're going to have to get a developer to help you if you want more than the simple, proof-of-concept that the original author provided.
Marked as answer by falak on 10/20/2013 at 5:05 PM
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM
FMorriso

Thank you for detailed insight.

There is no documentation to it, but I will link it to one of my previous blog postings soon. Let me know if you have any issue still.
May 16, 2016 at 12:22 AM
Will this work in SharePoint 2013? because of no documentation, not able to use it. :(
Coordinator
May 16, 2016 at 5:51 AM
Yes, it should.

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 5:22 PM -0700, "gurmeetkaur2007" <[email removed]> wrote:

Will this work in SharePoint 2013? because of no documentation, not able to use it. :(